Second Baptist School University-Model® is currently seeking a full-time COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST for the 2022-2023 school year.
Position Title: Communications Specialist
Date Posted: June 2022
Work Hours: 7:30 AM - 4 PM
Work Calendar: Eleven Months: August - June (some work in July)
The communications specialist works with the leadership of SBSUM, receiving guidance from the SBS director of communications and the communications team to be an effective and competent contributor to the communications, marketing and publications efforts of Second Baptist School.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES.
Essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work collaboratively with all school areas to develop and provide communication and publication services and support.
- Identify potential storytelling opportunities, gather all content and creatively share through the website, social media and other sources.
- Envision, develop and collaborate with the SBSUM administrative team to convey authentic messages to the community about SBSUM.
- Create a strategy for and coordinate posting to the school’s social media platforms for all SBSUM campuses. Collaborate with the SBS marketing specialist to determine crossover impact.
- Work closely with all school areas to understand communications requirements, determine the most appropriate media and create cost-effective solutions to extend the school's message.
- Effectively meet budget and time constraints; use project management software (Trello) to establish and maintain schedules and deadlines.
- Manage all school (individual) pictures processes on all campuses. This includes scheduling photoghraphy dates, attending photography sessions, troubleshooting any issues and coordinating the delivery of school pictures.
- Perform skilled analysis, evaluation and correction of written materials posted online or in publications.
- Extend the school’s brand with common visual standards for the use of logos, typefaces, colors, etc.
- Monitor clear communications objectives and link values into every communication. Ensure all communications add value to (instead of dilute) the brand.
- Serve as a photographer for school events.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS/ABILITIES REQUIRED.
To perform this job successfully, candidates must:
- Have advanced interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with departments and provide design advice and consultation for all aspects of communications.
- Possess critical thinking/analytical skills and be a proactive problem-solver.
- Be a skilled organizer and time manager with the ability to meet tight deadlines and handle simultaneous projects.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to use and understand a branded style guide to convey the school’s message. Exceptional grammar and editing skills are considered a plus.
- Maintain confidentiality, understanding the reason for it and the responsibility of it.
- Appreciate, understand and adhere to the Second Baptist School mission, policies, procedures and philosophy.
We seek the following in qualified candidates:
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, English, public relations, journalism, photography, media, film or a related discipline.
- Proven experience as a writer with advanced editing skills.
- A strong Christian testimony and a calling to serve as a positive Christian role model to our students.
- A heart to provide exceptional customer service to all members of the community.
- A desire to lead and support all school-wide initiatives.
- A responsible steward of the school’s resources and a personal commitment to support the school’s fundraising efforts as able.
Candidates with independent school marketing/communications experience and prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School are considered a plus. To begin the process, click on the REQUEST AN APPLICATION button.
- BACK -
December 6, 2020
August 27-28, 2021
Parent Training Kick-Off
September 8, 2021
First Day of School
November 22-26, 2021
December 20, 2021 - January 10, 2022
January 11, 2022
First Day of Spring Semester
March 14-18, 2022
May 18, 2022
Last Day of School
August 27-28, 2021 — Parent Training Kick-Off
September 8, 2021 — First Day of School
November 22-26, 2021 — Thanksgiving Break
December 20, 2021 — January 10, 2022 Christmas Break
January 11, 2022 — First Day of Spring Semester
March 14-18, 2022 — Spring Break
May 18, 2022 — Last Day of School
*Rolling admissions for the 2021-2022 school year.