Second Baptist School is currently seeking a part-time MIDDLE SCHOOL MATH TEACHER for the 2022-2023 school year.
Position Title: Middle School Math Teacher (Logic)
Campus Location: SBSUM Memorial and SBSUM North
Reports To: TBD
A Second Baptist School University-Model® teacher must be able to plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in the classroom that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Teacher work is performed under the supervision of the head of upper school.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS/ABILITIES REQUIRED.
To perform this job successfully, candidates must be willing and able to:
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Perform other related work to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
We seek the following in qualified candidates:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- A strong Christian testimony and a calling to serve as a positive Christian role model to our students.
- A heart to provide exceptional customer service to all members of the community.
- A desire to lead and support all school-wide initiatives.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in technology and strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- A responsible steward of the school’s resources and a personal commitment to support the school’s fundraising efforts as able.
CLASSROOM TEACHER JOB SUMMARY.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develop schemes of work, lesson plans and tests in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of Second Baptist School.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use the information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of student progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by school administration.
- Actively participate in school departmental and parent meetings.
- Observe and evaluate student performance and development to provide appropriate feedback and prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities to students, colleagues and parents.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Assign and grade classwork, homework, tests and assignments.
- Obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls and answer emails.
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
An advanced degree, University-Model or classical school teaching, coaching and prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School are considered a plus. Candidates should click on the Request an Application button to begin the application process.
- BACK -
December 6, 2020
August 27-28, 2021
Parent Training Kick-Off
September 8, 2021
First Day of School
November 22-26, 2021
December 20, 2021 - January 10, 2022
January 11, 2022
First Day of Spring Semester
March 14-18, 2022
May 18, 2022
Last Day of School
August 27-28, 2021 — Parent Training Kick-Off
September 8, 2021 — First Day of School
November 22-26, 2021 — Thanksgiving Break
December 20, 2021 — January 10, 2022 Christmas Break
January 11, 2022 — First Day of Spring Semester
March 14-18, 2022 — Spring Break
May 18, 2022 — Last Day of School
*Rolling admissions for the 2021-2022 school year.